Life Church Bolivar



Around Christmas James and I started looking for a new home church. It was around the end of summer when we felt our hearts stirring for something more. We had been at our previous church for two and a half years and just felt we outgrew it. Also, before this church, James had been at his previous church for 19 years! We never visited any churches in this time period. Well, 2.5 years later, we wanted to visit other places. We didn't take much time off in between to decide on a new church home back then, but this time around we took two months off and visited a lot of local AG churches before choosing and committing to one. 

We wanted more. More for us and more for our kids.

One church we visited said that in 2022 they had gone through every major character and Matriarchs of the Bible and he had kids come up and recite the books of the New Testament in front of the whole church. Wow! That was impressive and that is what I want for my kids! I think it's because education is just so important to me. Feeling incompetent is a core fear of mine, and I want my kids to know the Bible on the deepest level possible. I want them to fall in love with the Bible and Jesus' teachings and the miraculous stories in the Bible! There are so many amazing characters and such deep meaning. It's also something that's heavy on my heart since we were in kid's ministry for the last six or so years. It's also a passion of mine and something I desired which led me to going to Bible College. I just love knowledge, education, taking classes, and always learning as much as I can, especially about the Bible, one of my favorite things. 

I want to grow deeper spiritually. I did a lot of reflection and I remember when I first started going to church. I remember kneeling at the altar just weeping and going home with a headache because of how much God was speaking to me and moving in my life and transforming me. I am desperate for that again. I'm desperate to weed out some things in my life that have crept in over time. Part of that is - what leadership lets creep in, will only trickle down. I want to genuinely love people and have authentic relationships with them, not just say we are a family from the pulpit and not act on it when someone is in desperate need. I'm not saying our previous church didn't do this, I think they were getting good at this just as we were leaving!

A few things that James and I wanted in a new church was a vast pastoral team. A team that does the "hands and feet" ministry of Jesus and visits you while you're sick and in the hospital, brings you a meal after you have a baby, checks in on you, and truly loves you when you are serving and when you're not. I want them to actually love me when they say they do. 

A few months into our search of a new home church, and a few months ago, we found Life Church Bolivar! They officially launch as a church, and into a newly renovated building in a few short weeks! There is something different about this church! The pastors seem like amazing, down to earth, humble, gentle and tender leaders. My heart longs for a pastor that can cry from the pulpit! Haha. 

James will be helping with audio/visual, which is his dream and talents! I will be helping with the worship team and playing guitar and singing. We are very excited to see where God takes us and what he does in us and through us! 










Comments

Popular Posts