Get Up, Get Dressed, Get Going.

Today is the start of a new week for me. It's a change to start over and start some habits that will carry through the rest of the week. 

I want to start waking up earlier to have more time to get ready and spend time with the Lord. I want to read my Bible on the back porch while absorbing the morning son. All before my kids get up, of course. This sets the tone of the day for me. It gives me strength and wisdom when I dig into God's Word. God knows I need that daily as I parent two toddlers. 

This morning I decided to not push snooze, but to get up, get dressed, and get going. I showered and actually fixed my hair! I usually let it air dry but I added some heat to it haha! I diffused my hair, put my contacts in, and even some MAKEUP. Can you believe it? I haven't worn makeup in forever. I don't like wearing a lot but I was at a wedding this weekend and liked putting in the extra effort to look a little nicer. 

As I was getting ready in the bathroom I felt the Lord saying, "Get up, get dressed, get going." I need that motivation. I am usually a motivated person but not as much after having kids. I have let myself sleep in; my priorities have changed. 

This week my goal is to just focus on my morning routine as a way of setting the tone for the week! 

I want to make the small changes that I know make me more confident and ready for the day -putting in contacts instead of wearing glasses, diffusing my hair instead of just putting it in a side braid, putting on a little bit of makeup, planning my outfit for the day, and getting fully dressed and ready (even if it is casual and just a stay-at-home kind of day). It just puts me in a better mental, physical and spiritual place already and the day has just begun!

Get up, get dressed, get going. 🙂

Comments

Popular Posts